Across the Avocet Academy Trust, the governors and staff fully recognise the contribution the school makes to safeguarding children. We recognise that the safety and protection of all pupils is of paramount importance and that all staff, including volunteers, have a full and active part to play in protecting pupils from harm. We believe that the school should provide a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment which promotes all pupils’ social, physical, emotional and moral development.
If you have any concerns regarding the safeguarding of a child please contact:
- Mrs Mandy Garland (Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Mrs Helen Murray(Headteacher and Alternate Designated Lead)
- Mr Stuart Woods (Online Safety Lead /School Alternate Designated Lead)
- Mrs Jacqui Davies (School Alternate Designated Lead /SENCO)
- Mrs Louise Turner (Named member of the Local Advisory Board with responsibility for Safeguarding)
The LADO (Local Authority Designated Officer) are Rennie Everett and Dian Campbell.
Local Designated Officers can be contacted via email on LADOCentral@suffolk.gcsx.gov.uk or using the LADO central telephone number 0300 123 2044 for allegations against all staff and volunteers.
Suffolk Safeguarding Partnership: Safeguarding Children
Guidance surrounding the PREVENT Duty - this information is reviewed by the school on a regular basis
Wickham Market Primary School Safeguarding Policy and related documents
- Childline: 08001111
- Samaritans: 116123
- Domestic Violence Hotline:08082000247
- Mind: 03001233393
- Age UK: 08001696565